We are looking for some parents to be on
our OUTING COMMITTEE. We would like to have at least one Committee Chair and we would also like to have at least one person
from each Den to be on the committee to help out.
Some of the duties for this position would
- Help the Cub Master and Pack Committee plan and arrange for outdoor activities (pack and council sponsored)
- Arrange for tour and other permits when required
- Arrange for safe transportation when needed
- Plan first aid for emergencies
- Plan outings to help pack and dens qualify for the National Summertime Pack Award (with the help of the Cub Master
- Help promote day camp and resident camp opportunities
- Be aware of BSA health and safety requirements and see that they are implemented
- Know and carry out BSA outdoor program policies related to Cub Scouting. Review all activities to ensure that unit
leaders comply with BS policies in the Guide to Safe Scouting.
We need a committee to organize
some of the upcoming council sponsored activities such as the Jack –O-Lantern Jamboree at the end of October and the
Polar Prowl in February.
Please think about volunteering
your time and skills. The more people we have to help the less work it is for
everybody and the more fun the boys and families will have.
If you would like to volunteer please
contact Becky Golueke (Committee Chair) at 635-9833 or Rebgo@charter.net.
Thank you in advance for your help!